Steps into Work newsletter Summer 2017
Welcome to the Summer 2017 edition of the Steps into Work newsletter. Find out what’s inside by browsing the stories below and clicking to find out more.
At a glance
- We are now recruiting for the Steps into Work Stroud and Cheltenham Traineeships. These will start running in September 2017 for Gloucestershire-based 16 to 18-year-olds not in education or training.
- We are launching a Supported Internship at Atkins, Aztec West, Bristol. There are five places and five roles available: Librarian, HR Administrative Assistant, General Assistant, Catering Assistant and Project Support Assistant. This is for people who are aged 19 and over, live in Gloucestershire or South Gloucestershire and have a self-declared disability.
- We are extending our Gloucestershire Supported Internship, and in addition to EDF in Barnwood, can offer catering / housekeeping placements at a local café and hotel for people who are aged 19 and over with a self-declared disability.
- We still have internship places available at Wessington Court Farm, Herefordshire.
- Please note we will no longer be running a Supported Internship in Exeter.
If you would like to refer people to any of these opportunities, please get in touch at email@example.com / 07837 555329.
Former trainee Luke lands full-time job
You may remember that in our Spring 2017 newsletter we featured Luke, a Steps into Work trainee who discovered new-found confidence at his placement with Rush Skatepark. We’re pleased to update you on his progress a few months on.
Jess joins Prestbury Playmates team
Jess’s six-month traineeship at Prestbury Playmates in Cheltenham was so successful that she was offered a full-time job at the end of the programme.
Jess discovers independence after hotel traineeship
When she struggled to find a paid job, Jess decided to take a Steps into Work Traineeship to help her gain the skills and experience she needed.
Future is bright for Dylan after Wessington Court Farm internship
A Steps into Work Supported Internship at Wessington Court Farm enabled Dylan to develop an excellent work ethic and become a valuable member of the team.
Jennie achieves first job after internship
Jennie landed her first job after undertaking a Steps into Work Supported Internship at EDF Energy in Barnwood, Gloucester. Jennie felt that her lack of practical work skills were holding her back.